Although it is typical for fine hair to experience the dryness of the Sahara, even the coarsest of curls can be dry, too. Dry hair typically experiences shedding, static, oil build-up around roots, split ends, and difficulty holding volume. Dry hair is often the result of repetitive coloring and daily damage from blow-drying and heat styling.
Use our Argan Oil Mask Treatment to quench the thirst of your dehydrated hair. Depending on condition of hair, repeat once a week to once every two weeks.
- Apply 1-3 pumps of The Argan Tree Pure Argan Oil Serum into your palm. Extra long or coarse hair may require more.
- Massage gently into your roots for 2 minutes.
- Gently work the oil down the shafts of your hair from root to tip.
- Use 1 more pump of serum to coat split ends.
- Wrap hair in a hot/warm cloth and leave in for 30 minutes before washing with The Argan Tree Eucalyptus Peppermint Shampoo and Conditioner , which contain avocado oil, honey, shea butter, and keratin which fill gaps in the hair cortex that make it porous and unable to retain moisture.
- If you have significantly damaged hair, leave the mask on overnight. You can also use 2 pumps of Argan Oil Serum to massage into ends while hair is still wet as a leave-in conditioner. As to not over-moisturize, which can be just as damaging, be sure to only condition on the bottom two-thirds of hair shafts.
- You can also invest in a wet-comb. Minimize the amount you blow-dry your hair and be sure to use a gentle shampoo to not strip your hair and scalp of necessary moisture. The Argan Tree Shampoo does not lather very much and avoids harsh chemicals for this reason.
If you have straight, wavy, or thin hair, you are most likely to experience difficulties maintaining volume. Who doesn’t want vivacious hair full of body? Luckily, there are a few things that can be done to give your hair a healthy bounce that others will envy.
First, some important information: hair most typically looses volume when it is weighed down by sebum build-up, sulfates, and heavy moisturizes. Washing hair daily can cause your hair to be dry, which in turn causes you to heavily condition, which leads to greasy roots, which results in even more shampooing...and so the vicious cycle continues.
Ditch shampoos and conditioners with sulfates that strip the scalp of its natural oils. Products infused with essential oils like tea tree and jojoba purify roots and nourish the scalp to maximize volume. Quinoa, rice, and soy proteins thicken hair shafts, making hair appear more full-bodied.
Invest in the The Argan Tree’s Eucalyptus Peppermint Shampoo and Conditioner, which contain all of these volumizing ingredients as well as Argan oil to maintain moisture, gloss and shine.
The quest for mermaid hair may seem daunting, and even impossible, but getting (and keeping!) those long, luxurious locks you’ve always wanted is just a few tricks and tips away. The most important thing to note about hair growth is that healthy, strong hair begins at the scalp. Argan oil is rich in vitamin F, which repairs strands and stimulates hair growth.
It is crucial to limit pore-clogging impurities such as dirt, dead skin cells, and sebum around your roots in order to allow our Argan Oil Hair Growth Treatment to penetrate deeply. Repeat the following regimen up to 3 times per week:
- Exfoliate the scalp by combining 1 tbsp. of brown sugar, 3 tbsp. of conditioner, and 3 tbsp. of peppermint or tea tree oil into a bowl. Stir ingredients into a paste.
- Wet hair with warm water.
- With moderate pressure, massage scrub into roots, along hairline and crown to effectively reach all parts.
- Rinse with a gentle clarifying shampoo such as our Eucalyptus Peppermint Shampoo, which contains a unique protein blend including keratin, lupine, oat, quinoa, rice, and soy to repair, thicken, and grow hair. It also has sunflower seed oil, which acts as a natural thickening agent with fatty acids that prevent breakage and stimulate growth.
- Gently pat hair until damp with soft towel.
- Apply 3 pumps of The Argan Tree’s Pure Argan Oil Serum on your fingertips and massage it gently in slow circular movements into your scalp for 10-15 minutes.
Curls and coils can be a Catch-22. While some of us struggle with little-to-no volume, other hair types can be over-voluminous, frizzy, and altogether hard to manage. Argan oil is awesome for thick, frizzy curls as it smoothes flyaways and acts as a weightless styling agent.
Argan Oil Regimen for Curl Definition:
- Pump a generous amount of The Argan Tree's Pure Argan Oil Serum into your palm. Apply to a 2-inch section of hair using your palm.
- Take a damp, warm towel and squeeze hair section, without rubbing. Always start from tip to root.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all sections are done.
Argan Oil Regimen to Fight Frizz:
- Apply a few pumps of argan oil onto damp, uncombed hair. For hair that is thin, straight, or fine, massage 1 pump of argan oil into palms and work over hair shafts from tips to roots.
- Wait 10 minutes then start detangling hair with a wet-comb starting from the ends.
- Stop about 1 inch from roots.
- Hair can also be frizzy in humid climates, particularly if dry or damaged. Be sure to learn more in the Healthy Hydration section
Whether it’s a bad breakup, new job, or just an all around need for a drastic change, it is no secret that women turn to altering their hair. A new color can have you feeling more confident than ever, but there’s nothing worse than having that color, and therefore that confidence, fade just a few weeks later. Argan oil is great for pre-color preparation; it creates a barrier from chemical damage and also prevents premature fading.
Argan Oil Pre-Color Treatment
- The night before coloring, prepare hair by applying a few pumps of The Argan Tree Pure Argan Oil Serum.
- Leave overnight for deep nourishment.
- Do not fret if hair seems greasy in the morning, hair color absorbs best when hair is rich with natural oils, and is less likely to feel dry afterward.
Argan Oil Post-Color Treatment
- Maintain color by washing with our color-protecting Eucalyptus Peppermint Shampoo. Our shampoo is infused with sunflower seed oil which is rich in beta-carotene, protecting hair from sun damage (the most prevalent cause of color fading).
- Condition with The Argan Tree Eucalyptus Peppermint Conditioner, which combines avocado oil, honey, shea butter, and argan oil to prevent dehydrated locks due to color treatment chemicals.
- Rinse with cold water as to not open up the pores in your hair that allow color to leak out.
- Apply the Argan Oil Serum lightly to hair before the beach or pool to lock in moisture and fight off UVA/UVB rays, dryness of saltwater, and chlorine exposure.
Many body washes can strip the skin of its natural oils and leave it dehydrated, flaky, red, and irritated. Over time, argan oil helps balance the under-production of sebum, which keeps the skin moist and healthy.
Argan Oil Dry Skin Remedy:
- Opt for a gentle cleanser with all-natural ingredients. The Argan Tree White Tea Lavender Body Wash is infused with honey, shea butter, and argan oil to lock in skin’s moisture while simultaneously preventing oil build-up. This leaves skin soft and even in tone and texture.
- Once out of the shower, gently pat (do not rub!) skin with a soft towel.
- While skin is still moist, pump The Argan Tree Pure Argan Oil Serum into palm. Depending on the dryness of your skin, you may want to be generous in your application.
- Rub the Argan oil into your moist skin in circular motions for 1-2 minutes until all dry areas are covered. This ensures maximum absorption.
- Dry air is one of the most common causes of flaky skin. If you are constantly exposed to cold air conditioning or live in a dry climate, use The Argan Tree White Tea Lavender Body Lotion, which combines a triple threat of cocoa butter, shea butter, and argan oil to maintain touchable, smooth skin. It is lightweight and extremely absorbant.
- For those who suffer from redness, irritation, and psoriasis, The Argan Tree body lotion also has aloe vera to soothe and heal uncomfortable skin issues.
Acne can be frustrating and embarrassing, even more so at times if you are an adult. However, many individuals have seen acne relief in the application of Argan oil. You may wonder how an oil could possibly reduce breakouts. Isn’t oil build-up what causes them?
It is important to note that most acne medications use benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, which can sometimes hurt more than help. Improper use of these ingredients can lead to dry, irritated skin, which can induce the over-production of oil and result in even more blemishes.
Switching to a natural healer like argan oil can balance skin’s moisture and even skin tone. Argan oil is also high in anti–inflammatory components such as anti-oxidants and vitamin E, thereby capable of soothing inflammation and blemishes naturally.
To enjoy a significant reduction in redness, flakiness, and blemishes, follow our Argan Oil Acne Treatment:
- It is a crucial first step to exfoliate skin 3 times a week to dispose of dead skin cells, sebum build-up, and everyday dirt and debris. Use a gentle exfoliator without harsh granulars to prevent further irritation.
- Depending on the size of acne-irritated region, apply 1-3 pumps of The Argan Tree Pure Argan Oil Serum to skin using clean fingertips. This is best to perform right after a shower.
- Apply argan oil in gentle, circular motions.
- Repeat 2 times a week and gradually increase once your skin is familiarized with the new product.
- If you suffer from acne marks on the face and body, The Argan Tree White Tea Lavender Body Wash is infused with coffee and ginseng, whose powerful anti-oxidants work to fade the appearance of unwanted scars. The Vitamin E from the argan oil in the body wash also helps repair skin.
As someone with oily skin, the last thing you probably want to hear is a suggestion to apply even more oil to it. However, argan oil is known for balancing the production of sebum naturally released by the dermis. Sebum is produced to lubricate and protect our skin from the environment; sebum also tends to be overproduced when skin is lacking in moisture. Therefore, the sufficient application of a natural moisturizer is essential to decrease an oily appearance over time.
To use Argan Oil to Reverse Oily Skin:
- Use a gentle exfoliator to cleanse skin of dead cells, dirt, and sebum 3 times per week.
- During the day, apply only 1 pump of The Argan Tree Pure Argan Oil Serum. You may also chose to skip this step to avoid unwanted shine.
- At night, apply 2-3 pumps of Argan oil on oily skin. Rub in gentle, circular motions and leave overnight.
- There is no need for extra cleansing of skin to remove oil in the morning other than your usual shower routine.
- Use this remedy 2 times per week and increase gradually over time. Also be careful about your diet and choice of makeup, as these can cause unwanted slickness and shine.
Many women opt for night creams and collagen treatments to reduce wrinkles. Some women don’t suffer from wrinkles but feel their skin lacks its once-beautiful radiance. It is important to understand what active ingredients can restore the youthful appearance of skin.
Triterpenoids in argan oil provide anti-inflammatory protection from sun, smoke, and other toxins that damage and dull skin tone. Argan oil also contains sterolins, which increase skin’s metabolism and promote moisture retention; lack of moisture is a prevailing cause of decreased collagen production and wrinkles. Finally, argan oil is rich in Vitamin E, which is widely recognized for its effective anti-aging properties.
Our Anti-Aging Argan Oil Treatment can return your youthful glow:
- Choose a cleanser that contains natural, powerful anti-aging properties such as coffee, rooibos extract, and honey. These ingredients are rich in anti-oxidants that prevent wrinkles, brighten skin tone, and increase skin elasticity; they can be found in The Argan Tree White Tea Lavender Body Wash.
- Gently pat (do not rub!) face with a soft towel.
- Using two fingers, apply 2 pumps of The Argan Tree Pure Argan Oil Serum in circular motions to forehead and areas around eyes and mouth.
- Repeat nightly.
- To brighten and even skin tone / texture on the body, look for body lotions that contain green tea, ginseng, and sunflower seed extracts. The Argan Tree White Tea Lavender Body Lotion combines these ingredients for their powerful anti-oxidants that increase skin’s radiance and even it’s texture.
- If you suffer from cellulite, learn about how Argan oil can increase skin’s elasticity in our Tighten & Firm section.
Having a baby is a beautiful thing, but sometimes, the changes it makes to your body are not. Fluctuations in weight can also lead to unwanted blemishes. Stretch marks and cellulite can be frustrating and seemingly impossible to get rid of. Argan oil is a wonderful natural remedy for these issues, and with some patience, you can enjoy the firm, youthful skin you once had.
Argan oil is rich in tocopherols and fatty acids that improve cell regeneration and protect our cells from free radicals’ damage. This means that argan oil not only reduces the appearance of stretch marks, but it also tightens skin and battles cellulite.
Argan Oil Regimen for Firmer Skin:
- Integrate a body wash into your shower routine that naturally increases skin elasticity. The Argan Tree White Tea Lavender Body Wash is infused with caffeine from white tea, green tea, and coffee to help tighten skin.
- After the shower, rub a generous amount of The Argan Tree 100% Argan Oil gently and deeply onto areas with stretch marks and cellulite. If you are pregnant, apply to areas where you would expect these issues: waist, hips, thighs, arms, glutes, breasts, and stomach.
- Continue application 2-3 months after baby or weight gain/loss, until skin has returned to full elasticity. Expect to see results after about 6-8 weeks.
- The Argan Tree White Tea Lavender Body Lotion contains rice starch, which has been celebrated in Japanese culture for cellulite reduction, collagen products, and anti-aging properties. Opt for this lighter moisturizer during the day if you wish to utilize the Pure Argan Oil Serum as a purely nighttime regime.
Cracked cuticles can be both unsightly and painful. Brittle nails that break frequently make the possibility of beautiful hands and feet just a dream. Argan oil is the ultimate nail remedy as it simultaneously works to soften cuticles and fortify nails upon application.
Argan Oil is rich with Vitamin E that supplies nails with the ample moisture they often need. Lack of moisture in hands and nails results in rough cuticles that experience pain when being pushed back during manicures. Dehydrated nails also break easily which creates difficulty when attempting to grow them out. To give nails a radiant look (and great scent), follow our Argan Oil Nail & Cuticle Treatment:
- Combine equal amounts of The Argan Tree Pure Argan Oil Serum and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a ceramic bowl.
- Soak your fingertips and toes in the solution for 10-15 minutes. While the citric acid is opening the pores of your nails and cuticles, the argan oil is immediately being absorbed.
- Rinse your hands and feet and cover with a hot, moist towel until towel cools; pat dry.
- Apply 1 pump of The Argan Tree Argan Oil Serum onto each nail and massage deeply into nail and cuticle.
- Repeat once a week.
Nails that constantly chip are not only frustrating but also lead to an expensive trip to the salon! If your nails fray when hitting the emery board, it is likely that they are too porous and therefore over-absorb moisture, making them weak. The application of argan oil to nails will restore moisture balance and strengthen nails, providing for a smooth and healthy base. Polished nails frequently experience the opposite and begin to chip from lack of moisture, which can also be prevented with argan oil. For a longer lasting manicure and/or pedicure, try our Argan Oil Mani/Pedi Treatment:
- Massage 1 small pump of The Argan Tree Pure Argan Oil Serum into each nail daily.
- File nails and apply polish. Let dry.
- Apply a bit more Pure Argan Oil Serum as a topcoat to each polished nail. The moisture from the oil will absorb into your painted nails and provide a perfect polish for days to come.